Right about now, SXSW is in full mega swing.
The blogosphere has been buzzing about the South By SouthWest MP3 sample file. Busting in at 2.6GB of 758 MP3s, it will take you over 27 years to download the podcast with a 56K modem... or at least it will feel that long.
So put that in your iPod.
Lots of great blog reports rolling in. Thrasher will be following these sites:
- Austinist Blog Reports,
- south by southwest festivals conferences official blog,
- Chromewaves SXSW journals and Frank's SXSW concert photos,
- Donewaiting.com SXSW 2005 Music Festival Coverage,
- SXSW Baby!,
- Vinyl Mine is reviewing SXSW bands' MP3 file downloads,
- SPOTCASTs, 60 second podcasts of SXSW interviews,
- TexasGigs Live Webcasts from SXSW.
Next week, we'll try and do a round up of SXSW coverage.
In the meantime, if you're interested in the future of music, here's an interesting analysis in Seattle Weekly: Ways the Music Industry Is Changing in Seattle (and Everywhere Else) by Andrew Bonazelli, Laura Cassidy, Philip Dawdy, and Michaelangelo Matos. Observations include Starbucks is taking over the record industry and that we'll always have vinyl — even if analog is up for grabs.